About this Endnote
Mike has coached organisations - from some of the largest, to some of smallest - to improve their delivery and inject more joy into their work.
After 12 years, over 200 teams and more than 2000 people - what has he learned?
In this sometimes humorous, sometimes serious hour-long keynote, Mike will share some of the experiences, pains and joys of his time as an agile coach and practical tips for anyone involved in the world of agile software development.
Hear him share lessons about:
- the power of pizza to promote world (or, at least, organisation) peace
- the essential skills every coach must have - and how to get them
- tackling difficult personalities
- knowing when to let things emerge and when to catalyse them
- why all this nonsense about process A vs B is, well, nonsense - and what to focus on instead!
About the Speaker
Mike's passion is to build and deliver products and services that he can be proud of, are sustainable and that he enjoys making.
His ever-growing box of tricks includes lean and agile principles and practices, improvisational theatre and developing powerful metaphors.
With over 20 years' experience in the technology industry, Mike has worked with dozens of businesses and with hundreds of teams in various roles, ranging from development to product and people management. He remains a programmer.
When not building start-ups, Mike enjoys hiking, dreaming and being a father to his beautiful children.