12 May 15:30 — 16:15
About the session
"When two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of them" – the risk register.
A vague collection of nebulous statements, assumptions and worries that collectively seek to express our darkest fears, usually on a shared drive in Excel.
But do we really understand what risk is? And maybe more importantly, what it isn’t? And are we right to shy away from risk rather than embrace it as a powerful tool in our agile armour?
Together we will go on an agile journey to understand:
- What risk is and what it isn’t.
- How we manage risk.
- How we monitor and track risk.
- A template for understanding and expressing risk.
- You will be able to see when to ignore a non-risk and when to tease apart a potential risk and build up the components to make it well formed.
- You will learn to re-frame risks. Not all risk is bad. By understanding what comprises a risk, you can begin to exploit risk for competitive advantage.
- You will see how to monitor and report risk, almost effortlessly.
Risk, Agile Tool, Technique