10 May 15:30 — 16:15
About the session
A talk about how we grew happy and high-performing teams in the backdrop of a volatile and competitive recruitment market.
Having completed a massive, pressurised programme of work and launched a flagship product onto our digital platforms during the pandemic, we found that once the lockdown restrictions eased, we faced quite a lot of attrition and had to merge teams to maintain deliveries.
It was a time when various factors had hit our people’s morale – teams were burnt out due to work and the unprecedented hardships outside of work. Together with uncontrolled scale-up, it was also impacting our quality of deliveries and ways of working.
We had to change our strategy to rebuild our teams, and this talk explains how we did it sustainably, while not only maintaining a positive employee experience, but also continuing to deliver to our business commitments.
- A tried and tested method to grow teams while reducing disruption and maintaining pace.
- Limiting team forming time – because of the seed and split method.
- Effective knowledge sharing and developing & spreading culture organically.
- Maintaining morale and a sense of belonging in the wider team
- What to avoid doing when scaling
Agile, Agile Management, Scaling Teams, Team, Happiness, Recruitment, Organisation, Growth